Thursday, April 15, 2010

I think it's time to get the tires aired....

Yes, definitely time to get the bike tires aired.  Today was a perfect example of why!  It was nearly 70 today and tomorrow is calling for another beautiful day and a bit warmer.  Now why I hadn't thought of this before is beyond me...after all I used to do this before I moved up here to Willamette...what that  is, is I used to ride every morning before work.  Duh!  It's lighter earlier now and I get up in plenty of time to get out before I have to start.  So, tomorrow morning a quick trip to the gas station up the street to get aired!  

I'm off work tomorrow and with the sun being out I will be able to get a lot done.  Recently my personal trainer, Sasha, has created a wicked work out schedule for me to start on Sunday.  It's definitely going to require a lot of focus and dedication.  So, grab the knitting and head out on the bike or for a walk to a far out park and get to it...might as well be knitting while taking a rest, right?!

Speaking of knitting, I've created a beautiful bag for my April swap partner.  Now to just get the lining in and work out how I want the strap.  A trip down to Hiron's for fun goodies to put into the bag and of course to my fave LYS for other knitterly fun stuff.  Also, my current creation is being made with Malabrigo in an Apricot color.  This wool is incredibly soft and so easy to work with.  It's a wrap called, Traveling Woman, so named after the Bat for Lashes (one of my favorites) song of the same name.  I have a beautiful red, orange dress that will be enhanced by it ten-fold.
I also have various other projects going as well...yoga socks;  I designed a couple of felted notions bags (they're turning out just the way I want them to), just needing some lining and zippers for those.  I've been working on flowers to create a floral "entry" for my bedroom door. This is much like the way a beaded curtain works, but only with ribbons and knitted/crocheted flowers instead and in-an-arch; it looks great on paper (~:  Then there's the flowers and butterflies that I want to hang over the entry door...all in wonderful progress.

Of course with the sunny days there also comes the yearning to get out and garden.  I picked up 3 herbals at the local farmer's market last weekend and this weekend I'll pick up the tomatoes...can't wait to bite into a bright red tomato.  There is truly nothing like growing your own food!

~And with that, off I go again...


1 comment:

paula said...

remember to post pictures of the flowers and butterflies