Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Gym day!

I finally made it back to the gym today...yes, "back to the gym". It's probably been about a month since I've been there. I was glad I did too. I really needed to get back into the routine. I'm starting the couch to 5k which I'm really excited about as I do want to enter the upcoming Eugene marathon.

So after I was done, and due to the current LTD construction, I also had the joy of walking a little over a mile to find a bus stop. Seriously, when are they going to get that dang green line completed?!

It was a nice walk though, and I did learn something very valuable...when the signs say, "Sidewalk closed" there is probably a really good reason for it...as I was so boldly walking on said closed sidewalk, I began to slip a little. I was thinking this to be a little odd as the concrete did 'appear' to be dry...guess what?! It wasn't! Oops...no worries, no harm done and the sidewalk retained it's pristine shape.

So a pretty great day, and tomorrow, off and running...well, jogging any way and some walking and some jogging... (~:

~Hmmm, I wonder...how can I knit and train at the same time...

2 comments:

Marissa said...

Methinks you secretly wanted your footprint in concrete...for posterity! I've done my hand (in our patio when I was a kid) but not a foot. Yet.
I'm not sure knitting while running is a very good idea, though I know of some who walk and knit. I can barely sit and knit; I shall not attempt any of it!!

wool and walking in The Apennines said...

I bet that felt good back to working out, worth celebrating with a bit of choclate afterwards!