Saturday, April 17, 2010

Just a little taste of my container garden...



The top is a mix of lemon and lime Thymes, they are from last year, they made it thru the winter spectacularly, then the Pansies I bought in January this year, yes January!  The little Hen and  Chicks (one I overwatered, can you tell?) are pulling out of my accidental abuse, nicely and have all kinds of new growth sprouting up everywhere, I'm so proud!  Both of these pots also came thru the winter with flying colors...they were from last summer.  There are also more herbs inside that I got last weekend at the local Farmer's Market...Lemon Balm, Pineapple Sage, Salvia.  And then yesterday I picked up a wonderful Fern and Fuchsia start, can't wait to get that into a hanging basket.  So today I'm off again to our local Farmer's Market to pick up tomato and pepper plants.  I've also got some flower seeds to plant..Chinese Lantern, English Daisy and Shasta Daisy...ahhhhh, can't have too many plants around...container gardening is definitely the way to go when you live in an apartment!  Oh, and I did get my bike tires aired yesterday morning and spent some time riding afterwards...glorious!


~Off to the Farmer's Market!

2 comments:

paula said...

Where do you put the pots in the winter . . do you leave them outside or bring them in?

Kathy said...

I leave them outside, they did really well this past winter...so far, so good (~: