Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Happy Fall!

I'm excited for fall. I love the colors, the chill in the air, the whole atmosphere seems to change. The weather is beautiful, even record breaking heat in Roseburg @ 101* although here was only around 80ish, still so nice. The greens are lighter and yellower, even redder. The leaves are beginning to fall more and more and the morning air is crisp and dewey. The days are shorter and shorter, something of which I'm not too crazy about although I am starting to embrace it and get out more and more in the evenings. And why not...Right?!

I got out and jogged today to celebrate. Unfortunately there are fires burning around us and the smoke is settling over the valley making the air quality less than optimal, but I still got out and as it turns out the smoke didn't bother me at all. I finished up with my round trip walk of 2 miles, and came home feeling pretty great. I'm still working on a regular routine...gym, jog, yoga, bike...ahhhhh...I'd just want to keep it mixed up so I can't get bored.

The sock is almost finished and Eric's scarf is...well, coming along one ball at a time (~: Actually, it's gorgeous. I am trying to fit in knitting during breaks and now before working out, so I'm feeling pretty good about the progress. Yesterday I took the scarf to my favorite place on campus and got another ball in. So 4 down, 6 to go! The sock should be done by the weekend...hopefully! I usually don't take the sock out due to the patterning, I don't want to have to bring the pattern board with me for fear of losing my place.

I came up with another idea today. The other day, after having run out of paper towels, Helen had mentioned she doesn't use paper towels any longer but instead uses cloth napkins. Well, I got to thinking today I could just knit some napkins! I have plenty of cotton I can use and make them in between my other projects. Napkins shouldn't take long and would provide variety.

~Okay, I think I'll go work on something now...


No comments: