Saturday, August 29, 2009

The great squirrel adventure...





I went out for a walk today and to work on Eric's scarf. I ended up on campus under a beautiful tree where Eric and I usually go when we're out walking and found this place to be perfect for knitting. As I sat there, a furry tail caught my attention. At first I thought it was a cat (can't imagine why a cat would be there of all places), nevertheless, a cat! So I put down my knitting for a moment and looked under the bench where I was sitting and who did I find staring back at me...a squirrel! Surprisingly he was not at all intimidated by my presence. In fact, he seemed quite keen on me and wanted to stick around by me. So what could I do? I started talking to him. He stayed there watching me. Wow, this is great! Let me get my camera...I was expecting him to jump up in my lap and start playing with the yarn! Sweet little thing. I felt bad because I had nothing to give him, but he didn't seem to care and then he just ran off.

~Never a dull moment in my life...I am truly loved, even by the squirrels!

No comments: