Wednesday, November 26, 2008

How about a wine tasting...

Today I went into Winestyles to find a nice wine for Thanksgiving dinner. So a white probably would have been appropriate, but, I like red. I spoke with Michelle, who was incredibly knowledgeable about wines, and helped me find something new I've never tried. A 1999 Tempranillo. This is a "big" Spanish wine. We continued to talk wines and she told me about a magazine called Wine Spectator. I know, I know, this publication has been out for some time, I'm just a little slow on discovering it. At any rate, the magazine apparently has some interesting articles about Spanish and Portuguese wines; should make for an interesting read.

Note to self...pick up a copy, learn more.

Okay, so this has nothing to do with knitting. At least not directly. However, I am a firm believer in mixing two primal pleasures...knitting and wine! I think I am going to host a wine tasting for my friends. Talk about interesting! Helen, Jean, Robin and I...hmmm this should be fun!

~Now to find a copy of Wine Spectator and start learning the fine art of wine...

No comments: