Friday, January 1, 2010

Welcome 2010!

Welcome to 2010!  The new decade has begun with a beautiful day 50 degrees this morning at 5 and climbed up to 52 by 10am.  I got up, did a bit of a workout, cleaned the house, worked on some knitting all while waiting for the daylight.  A beautiful day for a walk, so off I went.  Of course I soon found myself overdressed as usual and forgot my sunglasses thinking the clouds were going to be around for the day. 

I have new goals set and am already off to a great start having put in the first couple of miles of my 365 miles in 365 days goal.  Even Sasha, our trainer at work, has a new "Warrior Challenge" in store for us.  I, of course, promptly signed up!  I am anxious to begin another work out regimen with Sasha, she is so motivating.

I'm also starting a new reading goal with Susan, 52 books in 52 weeks.  Not a bad idea, except I would have liked to pick up a book at either the library or Smith Family Books today; neither were open )~:  Okay, tomorrow I will go to both places on my morning walk.  I'm going to start with Annie Proulx, The Shipping News.  Looks good, from the reviews I've read anyway.

New goals on knitting are also on the list.  First things first, challenge myself to something new every month.  The first thing I am going to tackle, finally, is the red sweater I've been wanting to make from CEY Autumn Book 2.  It's the Duchess Cable Yoke Coat. I'm anxious to get it started, but first must purchase the fiber, something else that I've been procrastinating about!  I do know, I want it in red.


Another goal on the agenda, get back to my needle tatting.  I haven't done that in years.  I wonder why I set it aside...

So over all, a wonderful start to a new decade!  Can't wait till the trees and flowers bud and bloom...hmmm, I could just get some fresh flowers for the time being...

~Off to get those flowers!

No comments: